- Website: https://www.utc.no/
UTC is an internationally recognized meeting place for the subsea industry to exchange experience and discuss challenges, present new technology solutions and network with colleagues and decision-makers. Running its 25th edition, the theme for UTC in 2019 is 'Subsea and beyond - the power to transform'.
Current subsea industry activity and outlook allow us to be optimistic about the future. Like the rest of the oil and gas sector, the subsea industry has shown remarkable adaptation to the lower energy price scenarios, through active technology development and transformation. Many companies have used the changing market conditions to explore alternative strategies, introducing new business models and embracing technology and knowledge from outside the traditional oil and gas sector to the subsea industry.
The versatility of subsea technology will be instrumental to achieve the same innovative and business maturity in the total ocean space. Gas will play a significantly larger role for environmental reasons. Renewable energy will become more mainstream as offshore wind, wave and tidal power generation pave their ways.
DNV GL strives to be in the forefront and to stimulate this technology development by, once again, being present at the UTC. Visit us at stand #38 and come listen to our experts’ presentations:
- Establishing new recommended practice for subsea pumping system, Sofia Wilhelmsson, 13 June, 10:00-10:30
- Safety 4.0 - Demonstrating safety of novel subsea technologies, Tore Myhrvold, 13 June, 13:30-14:00
- WIN WIN – oil and gas joining forces with offshore wind, Marte Aaberg Midtsund, 13 June, 13:30-14:00
- DNV GL Energy Transition Outlook 2018-2050, Sofia Wilhelmsson, under Young@UTC program.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like to have a face-to-face meeting or if you have any inquiries. We look forward to seeing you at UTC!
Explore and see how qualification of subsea materials is done
11 June 11:30 - 13:00, up-front of the Market insight seminar at UTC 2019 Day 0, DNV GL will have a demonstration of qualification of subsea materials in our Materials & Corrosion Technology Centre in Bergen in Thormøhlens gate 49A, Bergen (only 1 km from the UTC venue).
DNV GL is pleased to invite you to this unique opportunity to witness ongoing testing safely. You will get the opportunity to:
- Explore the value and benefit from qualification and testing of materials in harsh and sour environment;
- Get experiences from decades of materials testing for subsea equipment;
- Gain learnings from failures and investigations done on various equipment and materials.
If you would like further details on the demonstration, please contact Mads Eidem by email or phone +47 92054812.